October 17, 2010

Egg. Just Egg.

It is a simple dish really. Simple in preparation and simple complexity.

Maybe it is your worker's lunch. Pasta and egg that is.























It was a surprise the first time I heard about it. Probably some recipe from ages ago thats been passed down from the poor to the penny-less. Cheap as rain in May is what my buddy said. All it is is boiling water with salt and olive oil. Add pasta and cook until it is tender. Strain it and put it back in the same hot pan. Make sure the heat is still on.
Put a dab more olive oil in so the egg doesn't burn.

I know, I generally top my pasta with sauce too. Putting egg on pasta is like putting steak on pancakes. They are two meals you generally don't eat together.

Right after you strain the pasta and put it back, crack an egg or two directly on the pasta. Stir it around like you would scramble it normally. Cook it until the egg is as runny or dry as you like.

I like to top it with parmesan, but I suppose pepper would be acceptable too.

No comments:

Post a Comment