October 19, 2010

Bell Pepper Pods

Healthy, cheap and fancy.

I love to cook healthy, cheap, delicious meals. And I also like encouraging people to eat healthy. It isn't as expensive as one might think. It can also be like, super delish.



For dinner tonight, I got my anti-vegetable roommate to eat count 'em, two vegetables.

A simple recipe, cut bell peppers along the ridges to create little pods, or bowl shapes. Microwave peppers for a minute or two until soft. Brown ground turkey. I used two large bell peppers and
a half pound of ground turkey. Fill the pods with turkey and add black beans, black olives, and diced tomato. Top with cheese and bake in the oven (roughly 300 deg. if you care) until the cheese is melted.

To make this even better than it already is, feel free to add avocado, sour cream, salsa, or whatever you may have lying around that you think would taste good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment