November 3, 2010

Don't Eat This

Don't eat this unless you actually like Tofurkey, Kiel-balsa, and Tofurkey Kiel-balsa.

I made this dish full well knowing that I don't like Tofurkey, sausage, or Kiel-balsa, but you know what they say, two wrongs make a right, so I decided to try it. I microwaved the fake sausage for longer than recommended in an attempt to nuke the flavor out- but unfortunately it didn't work. Even the texture stayed the same, damn technology. Next, I wrapped it in flavor-masking Havarti cheese and wrapped it again in a layer of (real) deli turkey meat and heated it again so the whole link would be warm. When it was done I took a picture and prepared myself for the first bite. I though, who knows, maybe I'll surprise myself and enjoy this. Nope. It was gross. Lucky for the food I was already running late to work and forced myself to shove half of it down my throat leaving only one half of it to spend its remaining years in a trash can.

No comments:

Post a Comment